Borisova Elena Vladimirovna, Candidate of engineering sciences, doctor of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, professor of sub-department № 8, Peter The Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces (9 Kitaygorodsky lane, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com
Galochkin Aleksey Nikolaevich, Applicant, sub-department № 8, Peter The Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces (9 Kitaygorodsky lane, Moscow, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Reformation of the higher professional education system in terms of transition to new educational results necessitates a research of the problem of monitoring in education as an information tool at assessment of processes and the dynamics of competences formation. This allows to understand the specifics of the competence-oriented pedagogical monitoring. Implementation of procedures thereof should provide an objective and systematic control of the educational process at a university, sufficient in volume, as well as optimal in feedback time. The purpose of the work is to theoretically substantiate the assessment of frequency and periodi¬city of surveys during pedagogical monitoring of individual achievements of students, based on the analysis of basic educational programs in terms of trajectories of formation and development of competencies.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was achieved through the analysis of regulations stated in the federal state educational standards of higher education of the last generation; documents on organization and implementation of quality management systems in higher education; literature on the information theory; teaching materials and work programs in the fields of bachelors and masters training; scientific articles in periodicals devoted to the similar research problems. The methodological potential included the index method of evaluation of complex objects, an interdisciplinary approach to teaching problems from the viewpoint of the information theory.
Results. The authors considered the problem of frequency and periodicity of data collection procedures at competence-oriented pedagogical monitoring in order to obtain relevant information on levels and trends of formation of the required competencies of students in high school. The analysis and calculations carried out reflect both the very existence of this problem, as well as possible ways to resolve it. That defines the role and responsibility of teachers in organization and conduct of monitoring measurements.
Conclusions. The authors formulated and theoretically substantiated the hypothesis that during the monitoring of individual achievements of students it is necessary to follow the principle of modular frequency and periodicity of data collection on the results of the ongoing monitoring of levels of competences formed, expressed in terms of the integral indicators – indexes of competence, which complies with mo¬dern trends in organization of the educational process at universities.
1. Khokhlova S. V. Monitoring kachestva shkol'nogo obrazovaniya: avtoref. dis. kand. ped. nauk [School education quality monitoring: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of pedagogical sciences]. Tyumen, 2003.
2. Borisova E. V. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya «Pedagogika i psikhologiya» [Bulletin of Tomsk State University. Series “Pedagogy and psychology”]. 2011, iss. 4, no. 26, pp. 34–41.
3. Borisova E. V. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya «Pedagogika i psikhologiya» [Bulletin of Tomsk State University. Series “Pedagogy and psychology”]. 2010, iss. 4, no. 36, pp. 68–72.
4. Sibikina I. V., Kosmacheva I. M., Davidyuk N. V. Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya «Upravlenie, vychislitel'naya tekhnika, informatika» [Bulletin of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series “Control, computing technology, informatics”]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 208–214.
5. Shaven'ko N. K. Osnovy teorii informatsii i kodirovaniya: ucheb. posobie [Fundamentals of the theory of information and coding: tutorial]. Moscow: Izd-vo MIIGAiK, 2012, 125 p.